Monday, August 11, 2008

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!!!!

I never thought the day would come... and it's here. August 11th- Emma's first day of kindergarten. I also NEVER thought I would put her on a bus... and I did.
You thought the loose tooth was exciting. She came into our room this morning, near hyperventilation, and announced that it was TIME FOR SCHOOL!!! At least we didn't need to worry about any of HER fears or anxiety! The whole family walked to the bus stop to see her off. Mommy was holding up okay until Reese realized what was happening and starting sobbing. He just could not understand why we were sending her away... and was she coming back?? We prayed with her that God would help her make good choices and be obedient and a good friend and we all got through it... mostly because SHE WAS SOOOOO EXCITED. So in less than one hour, we're off to pick her up and go to McD's to hear all about it. Update later...

Checking off the last day of our countdown!

Waiting....

"I promise I'll be back, buddy."

There she goes... hold it together, people!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh man! I wish she was in my class :) She is so old and so beeeeautiful like her mama. Pass on any great Kindergarten ideas you get :)

Brooke W said...

I just almost teared up...b/c I know that feeling...lots of firsts from age 4-6, huh? I feel like I've turned into a sap in the last few years of having kids who are getting so independant!

Jeremiah said...

Oh my word Mariss! She is so big! I mean I know we have been saying for years now that she is such a tall one..but she looks like a 3rd grader in these pics! And she's getting on a school bus! CRAZY! I am so not ready for that anytime soon!
Good having our 10 min catch up the other day...love you!
Ash