Friday, March 09, 2007

A little behind...

So, in January, Josh and I went on a kid-free trip to Florida. I borrowed my parents' camera and was waiting for the CD of the pictures... and am finally getting those on here. :)


The view from our beach lounge chairs... what a life!

We spent some time with Josh's aunt Pat in North Ft. Myers and made it to a really great antique town about an hour before all the shops closed. We were so bummed, but did some speed browsing and decided we've gotta go back during our next visit.
Then we were off on a journey to my Christmas present surprise- the Lion Safari! I am a bit of a zoo freak and we had done one of these in Ontario (coolest thing I've ever done) and so Josh got us tickets to do another one in Florida... SO cool. It's the closest you'll get to Jurassic Park with wild animals roaming free! You obviously have to keep your windows and doors shut. Yikes!



Gonna have to go back WITH the kids in March, though! I took a tons of pics, but here are a couple of the lion gate (in Ontario, there were NO gates at all- you drove RIGHT up to the lions) and a giraffe investigating a car ahead of us...


If you know Josh at all, you know his fear of alligators. So... we thought we'd face his fear head-on and go on an airboat tour in the EVERGLADES! Yes, we boarded a tiny airboat with about 6 others and cruised around a small lake that was home to hundreds and hundreds of gators ranging from baby size to 6-7 footers. We spotted some pretty close up... and Josh feels a little more manly now. :)


1 comment:

Dan & Jen Luce said...

So have you thought of calling Animal Planet and pitching a series hosted by a trendy Christian safari-loving stay-at-home mom? I am certain they would jump at the chance to have you. I would watch THAT series. Even mark my calendar.